Strawberry Passion Fruit Crush
This delicious cocktail was developed for Craft Gin Club by Jonathan and Deborah Thompson, a husband-and-wife team who work together on the blog Salted Mint. Whip up their wondrous cocktail using the recipe below.
8 fresh mint leaves
Half of a lime, quartered
75ml passion fruit juice (from 1 large passionfruit)
75ml coconut water
Sparkling water, to top up
2 sliced strawberries, to garnish
- Begin by making a honey syrup. Bring 250ml of water to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the honey and stir until well-mixed. Pour your syrup into a pitcher or a glass or cool.
- In a tall glass, muddle the lime and mint leaves with your now-cool syrup – this will sweeten the drink, so adjust the levels to your taste, but 15ml is a good place to start.
- Add ice, then the passion fruit juice, coconut water and gin. Gently mix to combine.
- Pour sparkling water over the top until the glass is three-quarters full.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.