Spiced Pear Gin Fizz
Autumn brings us some magical flavours to try in our cocktails. Simple spices and pear come together in this recipe for a delicious taste of the season's finest flavours. So go ahead and mix up this Spiced Pear Gin Fizz from Jelly Toast - it's a true delight!
Image: Jelly Toast
55ml ounces dry gin
35ml fresh lemon juice
1 large egg white
20ml Spiced Pear Sugar Syrup*
30-55ml sparkling water
star anise to garnish
*For the Spiced Pear Sugar Syrup:
200g caster sugar
1 pear, cored and cut into pieces
3 star anise
2 cardamom pods
- Prepare spiced pear syrup using recipe below.
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add gin, lemon juice, egg white, and Spiced Pear Simple Syrup.
- Replace lid and shake for 15 seconds or until shaker becomes frosty.
- Strain into cocktail glass. Top with sparkling water, garnish with star anise, and serve.
* To make the Simple Pear Sugar Syrup:
Add water, sugar, pear, star anise, and cardamom pods to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; stir to dissolve sugar. All mixture to simmer over low for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Strain out pear and spices. Store extra syrup in the refrigerator.