Whether you're spending V day with your spouse, your bestie, fellow singletons or...the cat...it is the perfect opportunity to shake up these beautiful, love struck gin cocktails.
Happily Ever After
Image: Hungry Australian
1. Add all ingredients into a copa glass filled with crushed ice.
2. Garnish with rose petals, raspberries and strawberries.
½ teaspoon rose water
85ml elderflower Tonic
Lillet Rose Cocktail
1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 180ml Lillet Rose, 180ml grapefruit juice, 88ml gin.
2. Shake vigorously.
3. Strain the mixture and pour into 3 chilled cocktail glasses.
4. Repeat process to make 3 additional drinks.
5. Garnish with flowers, if desired, and serve immediately.
355ml Lillet Rose
355ml grapefruit juice
6 edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
Strawberry Passion Fruit Crush
1. Begin by making a honey syrup.
2. Bring 250ml of water to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the honey and stir until well-mixed.
3. Pour your syrup into a pitcher or a glass or cool.
4. In a tall glass, muddle the lime and mint leaves with your now-cool syrup – this will sweeten the drink, so adjust the levels to your taste, but 15ml is a good place to start.
5. Add ice, then the passion fruit juice, coconut water and gin. Gently mix to combine.
6. Pour sparkling water over the top until the glass is three-quarters full.
7. Garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
8 fresh mint leaves
Half of a lime, quartered
75ml passion fruit juice (from 1 large passionfruit)
75ml coconut water
Sparkling water, to top up
2 sliced strawberries, to garnish
Hearts and Flowers
1. In a shaker with ice, add the gin, raspberry liqueur, and a drop or two of rose water.
2. Shake vigorously and pour into a delicate glass, then top with a splash of soda water and float an edible flower on top.
55ml a floral gin
15ml raspberry liqueur
1 drop rose water
Splash soda water
Edible flower for garnish
1. Shake first four ingredients with ice and strain into a coupe glass.
2. Top with sparkling rosé and garnish with an orange twist.
20ml St. Germain
10ml fresh lemon juice
Top with sparkling rosé
Garnish with orange twist
Image: Hooray Magazine
1. Add the gin, lemon juice, cherry juice, strawberries, bitters and egg white to a shaker.
2. Shake vigorously and pour into a coupe or martini glass.
3. Garnish with pink candy floss.
10ml lemon juice
20ml cherry juice
1. Stir ingredients in a mixing glass, strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish.
40ml sweet vermouth
2 dashes Fernet Branca bitters
1 orange twist
1. Combine ingredients in a collins glass and top wit soda water.
2. Garnish with lime and cherry.
10ml raspberry liqueur
splash of cranberry juice