Raspberry Rose Gin Rickey
Personalised 'gin-fusions' are a great way to enjoy your favourite flavour combinations. This raspberry and rose combination goes great in a classic Gin Rickey cocktail!
For the Raspberry Rose Gin:
70ml classic, juniper-led gin
125g dried rose buds
125g fresh raspberries
For the cocktails (Makes 4):
120g caster sugar
120ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 punnet fresh raspberries
- To make your gin, start by combining raspberries and dried rose buds in an airtight container, saving the original gin bottle for later.
- Leave in a dark place for two weeks, but don’t shake.
- After two weeks, or when your gin has infused to your satisfaction, strain and decant back into the bottle.
- To assemble your cocktail, mix gin, sugar and lime juice in a punch bowl.
- Let sit for 30 minutes or so, then prepare 4 glasses by filling them with crushed ice.
- Fill each glass with 1/4 of the gin mixture and top with plenty of fresh raspberries, to serve!