This gorgeous concoction is guaranteed to warm your cockles as the winter draws in! Made with the beautiful 58 Gin, the Hackney Homebrew is the true taste of winter.
- To make sugar syrup, combine one part sugar and one part water to a saucepan.
- Simmer until combined and allow to cool.
- In a new saucepan, combine your gin, vermouth and sugar syrup.
- Simmer on a low heat. Break the cinnamon and add to the pan. Add 20 grates of fresh nutmeg, followed by the star anise.
- Sieve into your serving vessel, then grate over orange zest. Serve warm.
40ml 58 Gin
20ml sweet vermouth
10ml sugar syrup
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
Orange zest, to garnish