How'd You Like Them Apples
Coley and Punch's Katie Cramphorn mixes up a unique tipple to help bring out the best in Lighthouse Gin. Discover the amazing flavours of this gin cocktail below!
Image: Coley and Punch
Half of a mandarin
30ml fresh lemon
15ml peppercorn syrup**
3 dash orange bitters
60ml Lighthouse Gin
Orange zest and star anise, to garnish
- Prepare your cocktail glass by rinsing with absinthe and set aside.
- Add mandarin segments, lemon, bitters and peppercorn syrup to shaker.
- Muddle to press juice from the mandarin.
- Add in the Lighthouse Gin and shake with ice.
- Double strain into your prepared cocktail glass.
- Finish with orange zest and star anise.
**To make the peppercorn syrup, toast 90 black peppercorns and 90 Sichuan peppercorns in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. In a pan, combine peppercorns and water and simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add sugar and stir until dissolved. Strain and refrigerate for up to two weeks.